Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Perfect Moments

 

Sometimes in the midst of this craziness that we call life, I have a moment. A perfect, beautiful, peaceful moment.

Yesterday I had a moment.

One that was so startlingly perfect that I cried.

Crazy? Maybe a little. But they were tears of gratitude for this life that I have been given.

Its been a far from perfect life. There have been times where I honestly didn’t think that I would make it.

This song has been very applicable for several seasons of my life…

But as I was sitting on the back step, watching my puppy play, knowing my husband was safe inside, I realized I was living inside one of those perfect moments.

I’ve had several people from “back home” ask me if I was happy here in Texas, and I’ve always answered yes. There has never been a doubt in my mind that I am where I was supposed to be. Yesterday I realized that I am more than just happy.

I am content, I am peaceful. I am where I am supposed to be. I am in Love. I am grateful.

What more could anyone ask for?

Life is never perfect, but sometimes the moments are.

5 comments:

  1. Well, as a born and bred Texan, let me welcome you. I love your blog and have added you as a fav.
    It's good to find and have those "moments"
    Come on over to my blog and say "howdy"
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that song! It has actually gotten me through some tough days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sweet! Its nice to stop and soak in those perfect moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I think it's all about the attitude we take towards this life that we're given, and it's so great to focus on those perfect little moments - they really are what makes life so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post and I am so glad that you like Texas cause we certainly like you. I love that song as well...it is an oldie but certainly a goodie! Love ya, girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)