Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Precious QAL

 

Back in the spring I signed up for the My Precious Quilt Along over at Kelby Sews. The point was to use the fabric that you’ve been “hoarding” for a special project. There were monthly link ups where you can show off your progress or what you’ve made. I missed the last 2 link ups, but I did link up in May. I was planning on finishing this month along with all the other participants, but I didn’t quite make that dead line.

I do have all my squares finished and 2/3’s trimmed! There are 4 of each square and the measure 9.5 inches. I’ve been sewing with a 1/4 in seam.

quilt collage

When they are all trimmed and ready to go they’re going to be arranged like they are above. I am planning on just free motion quilting on the white. Not sure what I am going to use for the binding… maybe a yellow or lime that match the fabrics?

This quilt will definitely be staying with me :) It should be queen size and will being going on the bed in our room :) I can’t wait!!

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is going to be great! I love the colors!!! I think I would do yellow for the binding... I just really love aqua and yellow together. Great job!!
    -Mary @ www.ahappywifeinnola.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those momo prints! A lime would look great paired with those colours =D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)